Saturday, April 11, 2009

Feeling Special

As you all know yesterday was my birthday. I turned 31... That is not a huge birthday compared to ones like 16, 21, 40, etc. so I wasn't expecting much...but the people around me turned what should have been just a regular ole' birthday into a really special day... Here are some examples.

1. 6:00 am... Mama called to sing to me.
2. Arrived at school... A teacher friend had me a card with some gummy bears.
3. Another teacher friend brought me a sausage biscuit from Hardee's.
4. Another teacher friend bought me an Easter/birthday basket filled with goodies and a candy pooping cow.
5. 3 students brought me gifts: a bottle of ketchup, target gift cards, and a big pack of Kit-Kats.
6. Another teacher friend bought me lunch from Zaxby's.
7. Several teacher friends got me thoughtful cards.
8. I heard the "Birthday Song" at least 10,000 times. (Nothing like a birthday in a school with the kiddos... One, kid said... "this is the best b-day you've ever had Mr. D!!!!)
9. Another teacher friend made me a cake for lunch.
10. Another teacher friend gave me a target gift card, scrap book that she made, and a craft book to use with my students.
11. My room mom made me 2 strawberry cakes. One for me and the class and one for home.
11. Matt cooked his famous ribs for dinner and the family came over and ate. We dyed Easter eggs.
13. My gift... they all chipped in to buy me my very own Bose Sound Dock for my iPod. I LOVE IT!
14. Mama made me very own Jello No Bake Cheesecake.
15. God gave me my perfect kind of day... Rainy with thunder all day long... First time I ever remember that kind of weather on my birthday. It was great!!!
16. Tons of calls, emails, and texts from friends to wish me well....

31 turned out to be one of the best birthdays I have had.
Thanks to all of you who made me feel special!

2 comments:

MillerFourWays said...

sounds like you had an awesome birthday!! i'd like to see pics of that candy-pooping cow....lol

Sara said...

a candy-pooping cow would have absolutely made my birthday!