Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April 8th, 2009

Today was a normal day... Nothing spectacular happened... I went to school... had a meeting after school... got my hair cut.... ate at Olive Garden... went to band practice at church... Now I am home.

That is pretty much my same schedule every Wednesday with the exception of the hair cut... That's only every other week. It is a very predictable schedule... Almost like the movie Groundhog Day... Does that mean I am getting old?

My grandma Maudie pretty much did the same thing every single day for the last part of her life... and she was old... She was 93 when she died... Boy do I miss her... Especially with my birthday coming... I would be getting the sweetest little card in the mail tomorrow. She was always a day early. :0) She wanted to make sure I got my money on time.

Don't you love grandmas... We have been reading a story about a little girl and her grandma in class this week. It has made me think about Maudie a lot. I have had the kids brainstorming all week about things they can do with their grandma. Some of them said their grandma was dead... Some said they didn't know her... Some said they saw theirs yesterday.

I know... I know... I am being totally random tonight, but there just isn't a lot going on right now. Sitting here relaxing, watching Idol, and hoping that the worst singer goes home. Thanks for reading.

'Til next time!!!!

2 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

Does this make you the little girl in the story? JK

Kelly said...

I had two very awesome grandmas. Each had their special "thing" about them. One always had York Peppermint Patties. The other had Barbies at her house we were allowed to play with. (we weren't allowed to have Barbies growing up) One of my kids recently had a great-grandma die. Her name was the same as my grandma's. That made me think of her, too. Thanks for the memory-spark. It's always good to remember!